Saturday, April 29, 2006

These proposals are amazing

I was writing my Urban Econ term paper (I'm going to cross-post this on the Enviro blog btw) and I came across this. These proposals have an amazing belief that we can achieve some sort of immediate utopia. Scroll down under the title "Solutions that are feasible, healthy, and sustainable" and you'll find such "feasible" solutions as "The immediate installation of full-roof solar panels on every building in America" and "An immediate tripling of minimum vehicle miles per gallon standards for all vehicles produced in America - accomplished by a quick and complete conversion of all factories to the building of only hybrid, solar, and fully electric vehicles." Yeah, I like to dream too, but imposing dreams on someone else is insane. I had to look up moratorium - it means "to put an end to" or "suspension."

No comments: