Thursday, February 09, 2006

How divisive is this issue.....?

I was doing a search on "sprawl" and ran across this book at Amazon. What I found more interesting were the reviews posted below it. Are we really this divided on "sprawl"? Here is the link for the book and the reviews are down below http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0226076903/104-6897368-5937533?v=glance&n=283155. Since, we have been talking about "sprawl" I have come to discover that this word is "loaded" both politically and socially. What exactly do you suppose this is supposed to mean? I have an inkling that loaded words come about because politicians don't want to deal with issues individually so they group many different issues together and then name them making them "loaded". What do you think about this definition of loaded? Do you think loaded terms are made to evoke an emotion for or against a specific issue? These are just questions I am developing as I study this issue of "sprawl" (loaded or not).



Political Economy

No comments: